Saturday, November 7, 2009

Yes uh! BP submission is finally over. All 13 drawings submitted on time. However, a few rules were broken again. No matter how much I try to rush some people, it just doesn't seem to work. All the time I save for you guys, you guys just wasted it idling away. That's not what I'm here for. I feel so under utilized. Next on the agenda, AHS title block was leaked. Somehow, some people got their hands on the title block. Only Joel, David, Fadhil, Harith, Ding Sian, Hoe Khang and Sumo was suppose to receive the title block. So, yes, time to own up. How did the title block leak? It took some effort luhh, although it's not perfect, at least we had a scaled up location plan, scale bars, project title, and project reference number. So yes, it is a sensitive issue if the title block is leaked.

After submission, had quite a time at IMM, but then reach home and was flat out on my bed. For TWELVE long hours. WOOO HOOO. What a sleep. Woke up at 7am today and the sun was welcoming me to the day that lie ahead. A perfect day to start. Played flight simulator, and there was just something wrong with the navigation. There is no way I could set the autopilot to follow the beacons, why?! To make matters worse, the flight director caught the wrong glideslope on today's landing. Quite scary. I was on approach to Jakarta, 1500ft in the air when, eyes fixed on the glideslope the Inner Marker rang. I looked out of the cockpit and saw the runway threshold disappear underneath the 777 which I was landing. And no, I did not attempt to land the plane, I radio-ed the tower and went around. Second approach and I was still using the glideslope hoping it would spring back to life. It didn't, I missed the second approach. The third approach was a visual one, and yupz, the glideslope was screaming for me to pull up when the plane has already landed safely. Crazy instruments.

After that no life session, guess what? I went to school for a more no life session. I felt like re-doing the presentation boards for JC 3. AMBITIOUS, but rubbish. I only have the site plan out so far, and that is not even complete.

AFTER both that no life session, I went to get my life back. A ride to East Coast Park, I was on my hybrid with Mr Smug on his Trek 1000. First, he had a flat tire, he fixed that and came right out. Then I had a flat tire, I thought it was a normal on-going problem. We cycled to the gas station where smug commented, 'not bad uh, 30km/h on a flat'. Once we were there, the tire couldn't be pumped! There was just something wrong. Thankfully however, there was another roadie on a full carbon bike who lent us his pump. He actually did more then that, he pumped it for me. We were rolling smoothly until we hit town, where my tire had another meltdown. This time we were sure it's the tube. We pushed the bike to the LBS at waterloo, and OH NO! It's closed. So we sat there, thinking of the next plausible action. Being guys, we can't decide quickly, and thank god for that, because a mechanic came out of the shop, presumably to go home. Sumg pounced on the opportunity and asked him to change my tire. $10 for that service but it was worth it. Today, it was just MEANT for us to reach EAST COAST.

And we did. We reached east coast. Figure out there was nothing to do. Ate BK. Went back. Same shit different day huh?

The ride back, was predictable and smooth. The only climax was the flyover at Commonwealth, Smug sprinted on his Trek 1000, screamed out 'ARRRGHHHH' as he approach the climb. I was next and I stood up and paddled hard. That was when I realised, my MOUNTAIN BIKE, with 28c wheels was overtaking the Trek. What a moment that was. This just proves the point. 'It's not what you ride, it's how fast you can ride it.' But I have to admit, we're both out of shape for such a ride.

So yes, wrapping it up after BP! ^^V. Hmmm, and yea, maybe a ride on Tuesday, the four fastest bikes we have in our collection, me on my DMG road, Wynn you'll be taking the Aleoca XT, KT on his Cannondale, Smug on his Trek. That would be quite a sight. DMG, ALEOCA, CANNONDALE, TREK zooming past at let's say 32km/h? That should be maintainable. Maybe we just go town for satay or something. Xingg, if you want to join can uh, open to Iman and David also.

"It's not what you ride, it's how fast you can ride it."
~Callum

No comments:

Post a Comment