Saturday, February 6, 2010

Oh. really?

Yes. 5th Feb is over. So anyway, just would like to share, the construction sequence of a building.

First, the first story in situ slab is casted and the precast columns and beams go up. Along with the HS wall. Since they're loadbearing. Or can bear load. (the water bottle behind represents a huge water tank)
(Notice the secondary beams are in place). The precast floor slabs are then put in place.

(FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE! THE PIECES ACTUALLY FIT!!!)
More precast slabs are put in place. And the next storey beams are put up.
The process repeats itself until all five storeys and the roof are in place.
Next. The precast facade wall is hoisted up and secured down into place.
Next. The windows and Green Wall and the Green Roof are stuck in place. Using UHU glue.

Finally. The doors, and the balcony railing are secured in place using 5ml of elephant super glue.

Now that the construction sequence is complete, go take a look at ur MAT lecture notes and realise everything I wrote above is bullshit.

ANIWAE. Boards! PRINTED. ^^V.
That's mine.
And yes.
It's really that big. I didn't place some miniature furniture around it.
And yes.
My living room is that small.
And no,
it wasn't easy to come out with.

So, after I've done my boards, I thought 'HEY! I CAN REST'. Damn was I wrong.

I helped Hoe Khang with his boards.
While he was sleeping.
On my bed.

Yes. He went on my bed. I don't know how. One minute he was on the floor, and the next, he was soundly sleeping on my bed.
Yeap. That's his board. Well, partly mine. Since I did it. But sia la. Nice sia. I like the way his plans move up and down like some musical notes. If he said his concept was 'harmony', I would have bought it. So anyway, some colours came out wrong as expected. But overall, not bad. 2 boards, and both doesn't look that shabby in 2 weeks.

Yes, I'm also trying to prove the point that there is no hard and fast rule when it comes to your board. Whatever works, works. So you kinda have to keep trying. Give me another day or two with Keith and both the boards would have turned out better.

Ok. Architectural nonsense over.

What's next?

Err duh. Cycling!

Planning to change my hybrid to a mountain, and then, ^^V. Can go BT already!.

After that, must train on the road bike to get my stamina back up, and then maybe play more soccer, and then somehow build my upper body.

Ouh. And you know the BCA-CDL Green Mark Competition thing? I feel like joining sia. Anyone intrested?

No comments:

Post a Comment