Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Feels Good

Feels good to be back. I stayed up the whole night yesterday, didn't get any sleep at all, but it was deliberate. I was usually asleep at 4am and then awake at 12pm, no matter how hard I tried to make it for morning lectures, I never could. Enough is enough and I decided to stay up one whole day so that I could resume my normal sleeping pattern, which would allow me to wake up at 7am.

Spent the whole night out with Nigel and my bike. When I reached home, I showered and looked at the clock. It's still 6.45am, and lecture was at 8.00am, heck, I'm too early. I powered up my laptop and played 'TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED'. That game is addictive, so much so that I did not notice the hands of time slipping by. It was 7.25am when I realised, so I panic-ed.

I slid my breakfast down my throat, and hurried out of the house. Rushed the bike down while continuously looking down on the display. Time was slowly ticking away, I had to get to school by 8am, I had to.

Reached school at 7.51am, slammed the bike into parking and hastily headed for the toilet to clean up my sweat filled face. OUH! This was there I met the lab TSO, he stays a couple of blocks away from me and he took a car to school this morning, and guess what, he saw me rushing on my bike, and then when he reached school, my bike was already parked. Yea, he admitted I'm faster and then blamed it on the traffic jam. But anyway, walked in the ADRC at 8am and my oh my, so little people turned up. Aww man, what a waste of effort it was to rush down. The lecture ended and I took a nap in class, and then went for GEMs, and then was SOCCER!

Played with my classmates, some of them. Ting and Flash wasn't playing, actually, Flash wasn't even there! WAH LAO, I stretched my calves and thighs, and guess what cramp-ed? THE SHIN. Very very painful to walk, and to make matters worse, I didn't know how to stretch it.

But I enjoyed the game, although it was for that short period of time, I enjoyed it. Cycling was next. So after soccer I excused myself from the group so that I could clean up and prepare for cycling, and guess what, another surprise.

Mr Smug was FIRST. He was 15 MINUTES early! That was a surprise, so he waited under my block until I rolled out of the lift. Then we waited for the other 2 people, which was late. I hate people who are late for stupid reasons. If they were on public transport then yes, I would be O.K. with it, haiz.

While having dinner, we couldn't figure out where we should move to, where we should cycle to. So we just headed to SP, and sat there arguing on where to go. That was when a smart idea came up, Smug dared me to cycle down a flight of steps and I accepted it, well, kinda used to this kinda of things, so it went ok for me. Wynn then had a go and his leg slipped off the pedals, but his butt was firmly on the saddle, damn, no fall. It took some pursuasion to get Smug to do it, and he finally agreed on doing it after saying, 'This is stupid'. Yupz, so all 3 of us went down a flight of steps, and then did a Tour de SP. We just went around Singapore Poly and basically, yea, that was it.

Still having no destination, we just went where the bike took us. We just headed for the darkest path until we appeared at some on ramp to the AYE. Then, there was the sign, (FARRER RD). DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! The thought of Serene Centre just pop-ed right in, Smug was smiling all the way as we followed the sign.

Ok, yea, so that sums up my day. Feels good to sleep at the right time, feels good to play soccer again and it feels good to be cycling again.

'we just went where the bike took us'
~Callum

No comments:

Post a Comment