Sunday, July 12, 2009

Recovery

Had to clean my bike today. It is a very very very painful process. Mud was everywhere. EVERYWHERE! I spent two full solid hours cleaning the whole damn bike. The paint job is in horrible condition. Rocks pelted the down tube and it is in a very ugly state. The chain stay and seat stay suffered the same fate. A piece of rock was wedged in between the pedal and crank arm, aww man, the pedal is in bad shape thanks to that. The crank arm had a few scratches here and there thanks to that piece of rock, but yea, the paint job is ruined.

The drivetrain was filled with dirt and so was the back wheel. Had to clean each spoke manually. Damn, I wish I had those low-spoke wheels. Splashing water on the bike didn't seem to work. So I had to go into every single face of the bike. Then there was the brakes, the cantilever brakes caught a lot of mud, so again, had to dismantle it, clean it and then put it back together. Yes, it was all very tiring to clean it. But, yes! It's done, it's clean now! ^^V

As for me, yupz, everything is working fine. My right leg is back to normal, my left hand has normal blood flow, shoulders are all ok. GOOD! Now I can focus on my studies, damn, grades are dropping fast, like a rock being thrown down a cliff, like a guy jumping down a building, like.. Yea, you get the point.

So, moral of the story. Don't ride on mud. As in, the mud mud. The soil. You know what I mean luhh. Damn hard to clean road bike, the thing all very tight. As in, not the thing very tight, the frame design. Ya, you know what I mean luhh. Don't get any dirty thoughts.

"It's done"
~Callum

No comments:

Post a Comment