Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Passion.

This is kind of a follow up to the previous post. Architecture, the way i view it, can only be done from the heart with the soul and the passion. Architecture is not about the amount 'A' you get on that diploma of yours. It is what you feel that translates into what you draw. Here, in school, you learn how to respond to the site and the techniques you can use to translate your feelings.

If you're in it just for the sake of scoring, I feel that you're in it for all the wrong reasons. Yes you can brag about how you got into Harvard with your 'A's but you know, that's just not me. Don't you dare come bragging about how much better you are on paper, but I'm open if you come to me and say how much of a better person you became because of the lessons you've learnt.

Again, i re-state my point. NO! I do not care about how much I will score. I do care about how much I will learn. So let it go, stop asking me what have you done? blah blah blah... Ask me out for soccer please! Ask me out for a round an island tour! Ask me out for dinner! Stop asking me 'Like this can or not?' How the hell am I suppose to know?! It's up to you. Stand up man, falling down doesn't make you a failure, staying down does.

If you had the passion to find out stuff on yourself, you will. If you WANTED to learn you will. So find your passion and go for it! Let your passion drive your ambition. Cause I've found mine, it's not architecture. It's engineering. How all the numbers make a difference, how parts all seem to work together. How we can actually achieve that stage of engineering perfection.

So find your passion.
~Callum

(p.s. Wynn, i still owe you a post on practicality.)

No comments:

Post a Comment