Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Luck. Part III

I should change my name to 'The Boy Who Lived'

Honestly man, in the three weeks I've been out cycling, the Lord All Mighty has tried thrice to take my life.

Today was by far the scariest near collision.

I was at Bukit Timah Road, just past the Newton Food Centre. Yeap, it's the roundabout. I checked to see if there were cars coming in from the right, there wasn't. So I proceeded on the roundabout, checked on my left, and there was a taxi spearing down towards the round about. I gestured for him to hold.

He didn't even bother to look. Thanks la brother.

The Yellow Hyundai also proceeded on the roundabout.

We were on a collision course.

I slammed to the right, hard, very hard right.

The Hyundai slammed his brakes, hard, so hard he skidded.

Ya, fucking Hyundai, what fake ABS and Traction control?! Your freaking car skidded. ABS = Anti-Lock Braking System, means the wheels don't lock up, so the car won't skid, and come to a stop faster.

Yea, as I was making my desperation bank to the right, the car was in a skid a headed right to me.

I started shouting, 'WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH!! GOD... COME ON'

And the all mighty lord turned the wheel.

Ya rite. Who the hell am I kidding. I think he's the guy trying to kill me.

Yea, no collision. Very close though.

Of course I apologize dramatically after that incident, although I don't think it's fully my fault, he should have waited for me to clear before even proceeding to the round about.

Yea, the rest of the night was uneventful.

So, lesson learnt.

1 - Hyundai's ABS don't work. Don't buy the car solely because you think it's safe.

2 - Lesson number one might not be correct, so check with Hyundai on the efficiency of their braking system.

3 - The lord is a persistent guy

________________________________

Why was it so scary? Because I could not attempt the brakes and this time it was with a speeding car.

So, proves the point that despite all your preparation, shit happens.

_______________________________

I was at the library earlier this morning. WA LAO. Cannot find the book. nb.

And the eliser system was mocking me la, the book status is 'available'.

And I can't find it on the shelves.

Nevermind, shall go again later. Need to find it this time round. That book, will help in the BCA-CDL Green Sparks competition.

Talking about that competition, I see my team members not informing me about their personal progress, so maybe they would surprise me when we meet. Hopefully.

Or maybe the Lord has something in store for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment