Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ranting

Alright. Just returned from Faber, as part of my every other day routine.

Great day today. Very great day. En route to South Buona Vista road, there's a taxi stuck behind my bike waiting to get to the AYE. I did the most sensible thing and danced up that climb. At the peak, we exchanged glances, he raised up his right hand and gave me a thumbs up. :)

Then it was the climb to South Buona Vista, and I was trying to cut right but none of the cars wanted to give way. Then, finally, a friendly honk from a Toyota Vios with the police livery and the driver gestured me to move in in front of him. (For those of you who didn't get it, a police car slowed down and allowed me to move my bike ahead of him)

Then it was Faber, and I saw the same guy jogging up Faber. Descended, and turned back home via Alexandra Road and Commonwealth Ave. I was generally pleased with the ride, until I saw the condition of my bike.
Amount of soot and dirt collected on the seat tube.
Same thing on the stays.

Alright. As much as I love riding, I would really love cleaner roads.

- I want vehicles to have cleaner emissions

- I want gas guzzlers to be taxed

- I want a quota on the number of cars on the road

- I want the COE to be based on emission rather than engine capacity

- I want smoother roads

- I want public transport to be given priority

- I want Singapore to lead in green engines(smart idling, fuel efficiency, so on and so forth)

- I want Singapore to be a Garden City, not just a city with Gardens

-I want the people to care about the environment.

__________________________________________

Side topic, I know a lot of drivers keep on stressing the point that bicycles don't pay road tax, thus and therefore they don't belong on the road. But, then again, road tax is used for road maintenance, and how much damage can a bicycle cause to the road? We weigh less then a ton, we don't do burnouts on the road, and when we crash, we can pick up the pieces of our bikes. END OF ARGUMENT

Next, drivers are always complaining why cyclist cannot use the pavement. First and foremost, it is illegal, and secondly,

ROAD GOT THREE BLOODY LANES, WHY YOU CANNOT USE THE OTHER TWO?! STUPID OR WAD?! DUNNOE WAD'S CALLED A STEERING WHEEL UH?!

Yea. END OF ARGUMENT

No comments:

Post a Comment