Sunday, March 14, 2010

Not the Best of Days

Ok, let's start of with something cheerful.

Cycling. ^^V

Strength training this week. I've been climbing for this week. Don't feel like I'm improving, maybe should push for speed instead of just pushing for constant power during the climbs. It's a tricky thing to learn, a lot to juggle between the balance of speed and power during a climb. Gear ratios, cadence, when you should be standing and when you should be sitting. But sadly, there's not much terrain here, so I'm climbing for like three mins, maximum, and then that's it. I'm in a descent.

Oh well. Today, Sunday, found another road cyclist on the way home. From far, he looked like he was travelling with some speed. I caught up surprisingly with ease and found out he was only pulling 27. What the hell, looked damn fast la. Stopped at a light, pulled away, and omg, his acceleration was taking ages. Were like 50m away from the light and he's still struggling at 23.

A few tips la bro.

1 - Shift down before you stop. It helps you accelerate a hell lot faster. And starting at a higher gear will use more strength and damage your knee cartilages.

2 - Cruise at a comfortable cadence. Trust me on this. Too many revs and you'll run out of stamina, too little revs and you're going to run out of power.

3 - Shift. You paid for your gears, I recommend you use them. I realize, as I was drafting behind, the guy was stuck at the highest gear. Well, judging by the speed, I think the technique is all wrong. The highest gear is capable of reaching well over 70km/h. Never wait for the power to come in on your gears, it never will. So yea, shift man. shift.

4 - Large chain rings are not for climbs. Seriously. It's impossible. When trying to keep the speed up while managing the amount of effort, the large chain ring should only be use if you're Lance Armstrong. Honestly, the smaller chain ring will allow for the most efficient amount of power to be placed down on the wheels. Ahaha, try it out.


6 - Believe. Quoted from Lance Armstrong. "The last thing I’ll say to the people that don’t believe in cycling, the cynics, the skeptics, I’m sorry for your loss. I’m sorry you can’t dream big, and I’m sorry you don’t believe in miracles." But yea, that's from a champion, doesn't apply to people like us though.

___________________________________

Alrite. I've been getting agitated very easily lately.

Not stringing in the best of days I guess.

I need some time to cool off.

Honestly.

No idea how that is going to work out with me needing to report to school on Monday.

Really. Not the best of days.

And please be thankful if I'm ignoring you. You won't like me when I'm pissed. Seriously.

________________________________

Rite cool.

Looking forward to Tuesday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment